*NEW BOOK COMING Y’all- Spring 2018!!
This from Publisher’s Marketplace:
ASHES, ASHES author Jo Treggiari’s NEEDS MUST, about a small town girl caught in the web of a serial killer intent on completing their masterpiece, with alternating perspectives between predator and prey, to Lynne Missen at Penguin Teen Canada, for Spring 2018 publication, in a two-book deal, with a second untitled novel to follow, by Ali McDonald at The Rights Factory (world).
* Saturday October 18, 2-4pm: I’ll be reading from LOVE YOU LIKE SUICIDE at the Becoming Fierce Halifax Launch, along with some other writers featured in the anthology BECOMING FIERCE: TEEN STORIES IRL.
Location: Just Us Cafe, 5896 Spring Garden Rd, Halifax, NS, Canada.
Please come out if you’re local!
* September 23 2014. I am very proud to be included in the anthology: BECOMING FIERCE: TEEN STORIES IRL which is being published by Fierce Ink Press. Here’s the line-up:
These Memories Can’t Wait by Jamie Fitzpatrick (Newfoundland)
Say It’s Okay by Ben Boudreau (Nova Scotia)
Love You Like Suicide by Jo Treggiari (Nova Scotia)
Cuisvé by Chris Benjamin (Nova Scotia)
The Long Last Year by Gerard Collins (Newfoundland)
Some of My Parts by Alison DeLory (Nova Scotia)
Before I Was Me by Chad Pelley (Newfoundland)
Diary of a Fluky Kid by Lee D. Thompson (New Brunswick)
Prince Nameless by Patti Larsen (Prince Edward Island)
I Used to Think I’d Make a Good Boy by Cale Liom (Prince Edward Island)
* September 2013. A very limited print edition of LOVE YOU LIKE SUICIDE is available as a special issue of COMETBUS zine. It’s number 55 1/2 and available in only select stores in the US. From reader feedback I’ve received, I think Atomic, Quimby’s, Wooden Shoe and probably a few shops in California have or have had it. Good hunting!
* ASHES, ASHES is a nominated book on the WAYRBA (West Australian Young Readers’ Book Awards) books for older readers list. Check out all the wonderful selections here:
* January 2013 is the publication date for the Ashes, Ashes paperback edition. I’ll probably have a contest or do a giveaway so stay tuned!
*Looks like there’ll be a FIERCE SHORTS reading event at Just Us coffee shop in Halifax on December 1st 2012 with FIERCE INK authors Patti Larsen, Colleen McKie and me. I’ll post more details as I get them.
* October 9, 2012 is the E-pub date for my creative non-fiction piece Love You Like Suicide which will published by the wicked fierce ladies of FIERCE INK PRESS. Out now!!!
* On May 5th 2012, I’ll be at The New Book Bash at the Writer’s Federation (1113 Marginal Road, Halifax) talking about Ashes, Ashes with a bunch of other cool, local authors. The festivities kick off at 7 pm and this is OPEN to the PUBLIC so come one come all.
* May 15th 2012, I’ll be in Toronto for the Forest of Reading gala event in the company of these literati: Don Calame, Gail Sidonie Sobat, Don Aker, Kelley Armstrong, Drew Hayden Taylor, Lesley Anne Cowan, Donald Reid, Neil Pasricha, Jonathan Webb, Mike Leonetti, Kate Scowen/Peter Mitchell, Tom Rand, Wes “Maestro” Williams, Scott Chantler. You can go here to the official site for ticket info, times and further information.
* June 6th 2012 I’m leading a mini-writing workshop for Teen Girls with the Striking Balance group located at the Second Story Women’s Centre in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. 6:30 -8:00 pm.
* I’m honored to announce that Ashes, Ashes has been shortlisted for Saskatchewan’s 2012 Snow Willow Award. This year’s awesome authors include Vicki Grant, Valerie Sherrard, Kelley Armstrong and Kenneth Oppel. Check here for details.
* Ashes, Ashes has been nominated for a White Pine award, part of the Forest of Reading program helmed by the Ontario Library Association. You can check out all 10 awesome nominees in the grades 9-12 category here. I am so thrilled!
- Sunday, February 6th, 2011 I’ll be in Halifax, Nova Scotia at the Spring Atlantic Trade Bookfair signing advance reading copies of Ashes, Ashes! Stay tuned for more details…
- Turns out I’m speaking at this engagement. For 10 minutes. About what, I do not know. Should have read the email more carefully.
- I had so much FUN!!! Wonderful to meet a bunch of booksellers from around these parts. I look forward to making it as easy as possible for them to sell bounteous copies of Ashes, Ashes- not sure exactly how, but I may pimp my 3 year old. And my Scholastic Canada sales rep, Cathy, is the cat’s potatoes.
- May 12-28 Dystopian Domination Blog Event: 14 authors, 16 contests, 2 prize packages. The Ashes, Ashes interview/giveaway is on May 23.
- May 16-26 The Teen Book Scene Blog Tour starts.
- Wednesday June 1– Ashes, Ashes is in stores!!!!!Crack open the champagne!
- June 1 The audio book comes out too, featuring an in-depth author interview.
- June 14, 1pm I’ll be reading and talking about writing with the students of the New Ross school.
- June 14-21
The Official Plague & Pestilence Book Blog Tour kicks off. You can read interview with Midnight Blooms here and scroll down for the full schedule.
- June 18 Atlantic Author Day. I’ll be at Woozles Children’s Bookstore in Halifax from 11 am to 12pm, and Chapters, Bayer’s Lake from 2 to 3pm, signing books.
- Friday, June 24th I’ll be in beautiful Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia at Fables Literary Pub (three of my favorite words!) doing a reading and teen book discussion. Details to follow…
- It appears that the German edition of the book will be pubbed July 1 2011. I have no idea how they can put it out so fast. If I have any German readers, please let me know how you like it!
- July 9, 2 pm– Reading at The Bridgewater Public Library, Bridgewater, NS.
- Just found out that audio book rights were sold. Also German book rights. Das ist sehr gut! More details to follow.
- Saturday/Sunday, September 24th and 25th, 2011 I’ll be in Halifax, Nova Scotia at the Word on the Street Literary Festival reading and signing copies of Ashes, Ashes! Stay tuned for more details…